Leasing vs. Buying
Once you’ve seen our Sacramento dealer’s new inventory of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM models for sale and you know which one is your dream car, you’re faced with two options–lease or buy? It can be a tough decision for shoppers, and is one that shouldn’t be taken lightly, It’s important to consider all factors, and our dealership is here to help you with the pros and cons of both leasing and buying.
Pros of Leasing
- Generally lower monthly payments
- Dealer takes care of everything once lease ends
- Most lease terms end before manufacturer’s warranty expires, so you are covered
- Normal wear and tear is expected and covered
- Trade-in option makes it easy to drive another new car at lease end
Cons of Leasing
- Mileage restrictions with built-in fees if you go over
- Once you drive off the lot, you cannot customize the vehicle in any way
- Must keep vehicle in near-perfect condition
- Not as easy to get a lease with poor credit
- Because you are only paying for the vehicle’s value and not the vehicle itself, you aren’t building equity
Pros of Buying
- No mileage restrictions to worry about
- Your vehicle is fully customizable at any time
- You are building equity throughout the contract
- Free to determine when, where, and how you care for your vehicle
- No consequences from the dealership for damage to the vehicle
Cons of Buying
- Generally higher payments per month than leasing
- Must take care of selling the vehicle yourself when you decide to do so
- Technology in cars you own can become outdated as new models come out
- Possible to accrue interest on your loan
- Unpredictable depreciation
Given all the pros and cons of leasing and buying, it’s important to factor into your decision what type of car you need and what you’ll be using it for. If your vehicle will have more than normal wear and tear from excess workload and you aren’t too concerned with modern technology, then buying it will help you avoid unnecessary costs at the end of a lease term.
If you enjoy driving a modernized car and don’t plan on taking road trips or putting too much of a workload on your vehicle, leasing could be the way to go so you can take advantage of trading in your vehicle at the end of the lease to roll over smoothly into the next car.
Whichever route you decide to take, our Sacramento area finance center will help you secure a new car loan or work out a lease that fits your budget.
Our dealership also serves Elk Grove, Davis, and Woodland. Contact us today with any further questions about leasing or buying. We’re looking forward to assisting you!